Sometimes we may be tired of eating too much meat, which is not a big deal for vegetarians, but to those who are bodybuilders, keeping taking in enough protein everyday is necessary.
Actually, everyone, no matter you are bodybuilder or not, should take in enough protein, no matter soy protein or whey protein, on a daily basis. So, when we get bored of eating red meat, poultry, or seafood everyday, what should we choose as an alternative?
Personally, I would recommend tofu, which is rich in soy protein, and it is really easy to cook and can be really delicious.
So, today I’m going to share the recipe of Tofu with Minced Pork.
1.What you need:
- Tofu (around 500 g in the picture) (any kind of tofu you can find is OK);
- Pork of course ( should be 80% lean or 20% fat, around 150 g in the picture);
- Sauces: Toban Djan, Light Soy Sauce, Dark Soy Sauce, Honey, Laoganma;
- Others: Two Scallions(or Green Onion), Cooking Wine, Gingers, Salt, Red Peppers (not necessary).
- Cut the scallions into small grains;
- Cut the red peppers into small grains;
- Cut the pork (loin in the picture) into small cubes and then mince them (of course, ground pork or ground beef is also OK);
- Add 2 spoons of light soy sauce, 1 g of salt, 1 spoon of cooking wine, half spoon of honey(or syrup or sugar, if you use sugar, should be much less, maybe 1 gram) into the minced pork and then scratch for a while;
- Cut the ginger into two small pieces (not too much);
- Cut the tofu into any kind of shape you like.
- Heat the pot on high heat, and add 15 ml oil into the pot, heat the oil for 30 sec;
- Add the gingers into the pot and stir fry them on high heat till the smell appears;
- Then add the minced pork into the pork, separate them from each other into small grains;
- Add 2 spoons of cooking wine into it and stir fry on high heat for 1 min and then stir fry them on high heat till they turn white;
- Then take the pork out of the pot for later use.
- Once again, heat the pot on high heat, and add 15 ml oil into the pot, heat the oil for 30 sec;
- Add tofu into the pot, stir fry gently on high heat for 1 min;
- Add 1 spoon of Toban Djan onto the tofu;
- Add 2 spoons of dark soy sauce, 5 spoons of light soy sauce into the pot, and stir fry on high heat for a while to mix them thoroughly;
- Then, add the scallions, red peppers, minced pork and 1 spoon of Laoganma into the pot, stir fry on high heat till mixing everything well;
- Then add 120 ml hot water into the pot and boil it on high heat for 5 min.
- Then what, it’s done.
- Ta-dah! Your Tofu with Minced Pork is ready. Bon appetit.
- You may or may not use the minced pork, scallions, and red peppers, it’s just a personal taste;
- When stir frying the tofu, please keep in mind it’s really fragile and remember to stir fry them really gently and with extra care;
- Eat when it’s hot is really good.
So, enjoy your meal. Any kinds of questions are welcome, see you in the comments.
As usual, I’ll see you next Friday.
Remember, I’m Linx, a marketer, not a chef. I’m LinxNotChef.